|Field Trip Procedures|
|Theatrical Performances for Field Trips|
|Faraday Science Theatre|
|Sample Field Trip Schedule|
|Field Trips Flash Slide Show|
|Field Trips Video|
|Curriculum Enhancement Guide|
At The Renaissance Center, we believe that educational motivation and learning involvement are the keys to our societys future.
To make a reservation, call us at (615)740-5533 or e-mail .
Field Trips at the Renaissance Center are available Tuesdays through Fridays. Thank you for your interest in The Renaissance Center for your field trip. Please take a moment to allow us to tell you more about the field trip process.
- All field trips to the center must be scheduled in advance. Spaces are limited, so we encourage you to schedule your trip well in advance.
- Admission to the center is $3-$4 per scheduled event, per child. Free attendance is extended to one teacher per ten students. The Renaissance Center extends this discount to the following persons: teachers licensed by the State of Tennessee attending with a school approved field trip and any special-ed aide employed by the public school system to assist a teacher. Free admission for teachers is applicable only for approved school field trips during the academic year. Additional adults/parents will pay the public admission price to the venues chosen.
- Field trips are available Tuesday-Friday. There are no field trips scheduled on Mondays.
- Allow one hour per event.
- Groups that choose to eat lunch while at the Center, should provide their own sack lunches. Two lunchrooms that seat approximately 140 students each are available to be reserved at no charge. If the weather is favorable, there are also outdoor lunch options.
- Allow time to visit The Virtually Unlimited Bookstore located inside our center. There are several items suitably priced for children.
Study guides are available for many of the field trip offerings at The Renaissance Center. These study guides include several coordinating lesson plans and activity suggestions for classroom use. Teachers will find ideas for preparing students for their visit to The Renaissance Center as well as activities that could be used as a follow-up to the field trip. The study guides also include information about additional resources and curriculum standards connections for the state of Tennessee.
Teachers are able to download the new study guides and use any or all of the activities as needed. Links to additional resources also will be available along with a form for teacher feedback. These materials are provided to enable teachers to better integrate the field trip experience with their classroom instruction and to provide extended enrichment for students visiting The Renaissance Center.
For more information on field trip study guides, contact Laura Jackson, field trip coordinator, at (615)740-5533 or . Download the Study Guides...